What we do
Dreamnature is a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring ecosystems, empowering communities, and mitigating climate change through the domestication of native tree species. We believe that by harnessing the power of these trees, we can create a healthier planet and a brighter future for all
Restoring Ecosystems & Biodiversity:
- We plant native trees to restore degraded landscapes, improve soil health, and create habitat for wildlife.
- We work with communities to develop sustainable land management practices that protect the environment and promote biodiversity.
- We advocate for policies that support the conservation of native trees and forests.
- Learn more about our Restore Ecosystems & Biodiversity efforts: [link to Restore Ecosystems & Biodiversity page]
- We provide training and support to communities so they can manage their own tree nurseries and generate income from native tree products.
- We help communities develop and market sustainable businesses that use native tree products.
- We advocate for the rights of indigenous communities and local forest users.
- Learn more about our Empower Communities efforts: [link to Empower Communities page]
Mitigating Climate Change:
- We plant native trees to absorb carbon dioxide and combat climate change.
- We develop technologies and methodologies for measuring the carbon sequestration potential of native trees.
- We work with policymakers to develop carbon offset programs that incentivize the planting of native trees.
- Learn more about our Mitigate Climate Change efforts: [link to Mitigate Climate Change page]
In addition to these core areas, we also engage in the following activities:
- Research and development: We conduct research on the ecology, silviculture, and economics of native trees.
- Education and outreach: We raise awareness about the importance of native trees through educational programs and outreach campaigns.
- Advocacy and policy: We advocate for policies that support the conservation and sustainable use of native trees.
- Partnerships: We work with a variety of partners, including governments, businesses, NGOs, and communities, to achieve our goals. Include calls to action: through volunteering, donating, or spreading awareness.